Wewelsburg

From Holocaustmap

Names

Wewelsburg, Niederhagen

Dates

Opened: September 1, 1941

Closed: 18 January 1945

Location

GPS: 51.60790/8.66114

geo:51.60790,8.66114 (link for navigation systems)

Population

Company Names

  • Gesellschaft zur Förderung und Pflege deutscher Kulturdenkmäler e.V.

Victims and Survivors

Names of victims and survivors, if these are known.

Staff

Names of SS and other people involved in the exploitation, including convictions where applicable.

Description

Prior to September 1941 it was a subcamp of Sachsenhausen called (add name)

Locations to add beside main camp:

three quarries (in the castle, at the railway station, and in the village of Ahden, several kilometers away), building roads, renovating the Marx manor, and constructing the SS settlement Waldsiedlung: there were deaths in these detachments almost every day, with the dead being brought back to the camp. Other work detachments constructed a villa for the architect Hermann Bartels or worked on the north ter- race of the SS guard building in front of the castle. The concentration camp prisoners worked in the SS gardens and began excavation work for commercial buildings in the SS camp.

Sources